This page details the California laws that keep employees safe at work. If you want to know the basics regarding Cal-OSHA regulations that apply to your job, this post will give you the details that you are looking for. The above video was created by California employment lawyer, Branigan Robertson. You can watch it on this page, or click here to view it on YouTube.
This is Part 1 of a four part series that Mr. Robertson is making on workplace safety.
- Video 1 – The Laws of Workplace Safety (for employees)
- Video 2 – How to Report an Unsafe Work Environment
- Video 3 – Retaliation for Reporting Unsafe Conditions at Work
- Video 4 – If you got hurt on the job, here is what you should do….
Once Mr. Robertson finishes filming each video, he will come back to this post and insert a link so you can jump to the video that is most helpful for you. But you should watch them in order as each one lays a foundation that is key to understanding the next one.
We Will Answer the Following Questions:
These videos are made to answer the seven most common questions lawyers get about workplace safety, including the following:
- What laws protect the safety of workers?
- What are your rights if your employer is breaking OSHA’s laws?
- How should you report unsafe conditions?
- Who do you report to: HR, your boss, or OSHA?
- How much money can you win if you get fired for reporting safety violations?
- What happens if you get hurt on the job?
- How do you get compensated for the time off work following an injury?
Stay tuned for more information!